Last updated: April 20, 2015
We recognize and respect that your privacy is very important. We are committed to protecting the personally identifiable information you provide us through our Services.
We collect and store information in connection with your use of the Service.
We use the information to fulfill your requests, provide the Service’s functionality, improve the Service’s quality, personalize your experience, analyze how the Service is used, diagnose service or technical problems, provide feedback to businesses that are listed on the Site and/or App, display relevant advertising, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems, maintain and/or enhance the security of the Service, comply with legal obligations, and monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns.
Information You Provide Us
We collect information you directly give us. For example, we collect information relating to your:
- Communications: When you fill out a form, give feedback, ideas or submissions about the Service, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your email address, location information and any other information you choose to provide. If you sign up to receive communications from our Service, we may use your email address to send you Service-related notices (including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail). We may also use your contact information to send you marketing email messages. If you do not want to receive such messages, you may opt out by following the instructions in the message. If you correspond with us by email, we may retain the content of your email messages, your email address and our responses.
- Service Usage: We may collect information whenever you participate in any interactive feature of the Service. The types of information we may collect include your email address, location information and any other information you choose to provide. If you choose not to provide certain information, we may not be able to provide the Service to you or certain features of the Service may be unavailable or work differently.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Service
When you access or use our Service, we automatically collect certain information about you. These types of information we consider to be non-personal information and include:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Service, including the type of device you use, the date and time of your visit, the pages you have viewed, and the page you visited before navigating to our Site. We may also capture other data, such as search criteria and results.
- Browser Information: We collection information about the browser type you use to access our Site, the type of computer, the browser language, your IP address, and requested and referring URLs.
- Device Information: We collect information about the mobile device you use to access our Service, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We collect information about the location of your device each time you access or use the App. We use this information to determine your current location, to display your current location on a map, and to provide more relevant local advertisements and business offers. We may collect different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g., IP address, zip code) and more specific information (e.g., GPS-based functionality on mobile devices used to access the Service), and may use that information to customize the Service with location-based information and features. When you access the Service through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. If you choose not to provide location information, certain features of the Service may be unavailable or work differently.
- Information Collected by Cookies: When you use the Service, we may use persistent and session cookies and other tracking technologies to: (a) analyze the usage of the Service; (b) customize the Service to your preferences; and (c) control the advertising displayed by the Service. When using a persistent cookie, the cookie remains on your computer after you close your browser so that it can be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Service may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- Information Collected by Other Tracking Technologies: We may also use other Internet technologies to collect information, including web beacons. Web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”) are non-visible electronic images. These technologies are used for analytic and product improvement purposes, such as seeing which areas and features of our Service are popular and determining whether an email has been opened and acted upon. As we adopt additional technology, we may also gather additional information through other methods.
Information We Do Not Collect
Tagalong Tour’s App does not require user accounts and, as such, we do not require names, emails, addresses or other related personal information to use the Service. We also do not collection information from your mobile address book or contact lists. These types of information may be submitted through our Service only if you choose to disclose them through third-party providers (e.g., advertisers, businesses).
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, deliver, maintain, test and improve our Service;
- Send you technical notices, updates, confirmations, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by Tagalong Tour and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Service and improve and personalize the Service;
- Detect, investigate and prevent any suspected breaches of our Terms of Service; and
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
We may also use aggregated, anonymized, and other non-personally identifiable information for research and marketing purposes.
Tagalong Tour is based in the United States, and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. These laws may differ with the country in which you reside. By accessing or using the Service or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share information about you with third parties as follows:
- Service Providers: Some of the services that are offered through the Service, such as certain merchant discounts, may be provided by third-party providers. We may also outsource some of Tagalong Tour’s functions to third-party providers, such as technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, payment processing functions, and other services.
- Aggregate Information: We may share user information in the aggregate with third parties, such as advertisers and content distributors. For example, we may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, advertisements.
- Businesses on Tagalong Tour: We may share information about your use of the Service (such as which businesses you visit) with businesses on Tagalong Tour.
- Investigations: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure is (a) reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service; or (c) protect our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public.
- Links: The Site and/or App may contain links to unaffiliated third party websites. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We suggest you read the privacy policies on all such third party websites.
In general, we try to share only aggregated or anonymized information with third parties. We may share more information from or about you with these third-party providers if the third-party providers require it to perform their services or complete your requests.
We will retain user provided data for as long as you use the Service. We do not want your personal information for any longer than we need it, so we only keep it long enough to do what we collected it for. Once we don’t need it, we take steps to destroy it unless we are required by law to keep it longer. Please note that some or all of user provided data may be required in order for the Service to function properly.
The Service is intended for general audiences. Tagalong Tour does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
We are committed to protecting your personal information once we have it. We follow generally accepted industry standards to preserve the integrity and security of any personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches; accordingly, you acknowledge that you transmit information to and from our Service at your own risk. If we learn of a security breach, we may attempt to notify you and provide information on protective steps, if available, through the email address that you have provided to us or by posting a notice on the Site and/or App.
You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the Service, in which case Tagalong Tour may not be able to provide certain features to you.
When you first launch the App, you will be asked to consent to Tagalong Tour’s collection of location information. We require this location information in order for the App to function as designed.
If you consent to our collection of location information, you may subsequently stop the collection of this location information at any time by pausing location tracking from within the application’s settings menu, or by changing the location preferences on your mobile device. However, if you stop the collection of this location information, the App can no longer function as intended.
If you consent to our collection of location information and you do not subsequently stop the collection of this location information, the App will continue to collect this location information.
If you consent to our collection of location information, subsequently stop the collection of this location information and later consent to the collection of this location information, the App will resume the collection of location information.
You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove the App from your device.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Service.
Push Notifications and Alerts
With your consent, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Tagalong Tour by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about our ongoing business relations.
Tagalong Tour LLC
2600 Giants Oaks Dr.
Pittsburgh, PA 15241
April 20, 2015: Initial policy posted